The study of Mechanical Engineering involves a variety of topics such as analysis and design of algorithms.
National Level Symposiums,Technical Awarness Meetings,Social Welfare Club,Paper Presentation,Coding,Web
Three Days Project Expo Is Going To Celebrate On April 2K18.
The department of mechanical engineering, being one of the largest and oldest departments of the institute, caters to its students with class tutorial and state-of-the-art laboratories. The department is continuously striving to achieve excellence in education, academic and industry oriented research as well as consultancy work with service to the society.
We aim to provide our students with a perfect blend of intellectual and practical experiences that helps them to serve our society and address a variety of needs. At the end of our program, students are prepared for entry-level work as a mechanical engineer as well as for the post-graduate study in mechanical engineering or in another discipline, where a fundamental engineering background constitutes a desirable foundation. Academic course work and projects are designed to endow students with the ability to apply knowledge of science, mathematics, and engineering, and the capability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, providing leadership and technical expertise.
;With a solid grounding in the principles and practice of mechanical engineering, our undergraduates are ready to engage in ethical approaches to engineering, with concern for society and the environment. Our program at the postgraduate level aligns academic course work with research, to prepare scholars in specialized areas within the field of mechanical engineering. Research topics focus on industrial needs.
The department aptly makes use of the technical facility of the workshop in teaching and in setting up of in-house experimental set-ups. Apart from carrying out practical classes as per academic curriculum, workshop caters to needs of different departments of the Institute in terms of executing works of their B.Tech., M.Tech. and Ph.D. students as well as other related research/consultancy works. The department also welcomes students from other departments of the institute as a gesture of support to their time-to-time academic and research needs. Both undergraduates and postgraduates are well placed in leading industries as well as in the higher research level institutions of international recognition. Our website will take you to the tour of different research facilities, academic programmers offered and the faculty/staff who are contributing to the department to make it a success. We hope you enjoy our webpage!
1. To produce high quality undergraduates and postgraduates in mechanical engineering.
2. To carry out high quality research that supports undergraduate and postgraduate education objectives and to assist in the economic development of the region and nation.
3. To develop and serve practicing engineers, industry, government, educational and technical societies through consultancy work by providing professional expertise.
In order to achieve these objectives, we have adopted the following student outcomes, as stated by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET Inc.
1. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
2. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
3. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
4. An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
5. An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
6. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
7. An ability to communicate effectively.
8. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
9. Recognition of the need for, and the ability to engage in lifelong learning.
10. Knowledge of contemporary issues.
11. An ability to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering values integrity, diversity, critical thinking, impartial judgment, change, innovation, and collegiality.
To provide exposure to the students with hands on experience on various basic engineering practices in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Upon Completion of this subject, the students can able to have hands on experience in flow measurements using different devices and also perform calculation related to losses in pipes and also perform characteristic study of pumps, turbines etc.,
To supplement the theoretical knowledge gained in Mechanics of Solids with practical testing for determining the strength of materials under externally applied loads. This would enable the student to have a clear understanding of the design for strength and stiffness.
To familiar with different measurement equipments and use of this industry for quality Inspection.
To know the method of programming the microprocessor and also the design, modeling & analysis of basic electrical, hydraulic & pneumatic Systems which enable the students to understand the concept of mechatronics.
Our students had gone to Ronithottam bus depot for one month internship.
Our students were gone to BHEL, Hyderabad for industrial visit.
Engine EXPO, October 2013.